2018 Youth Pro-Am Competition
What is the Youth Pro-Am?
The Mane Event Youth Pro-Am Competition is a fun and eventful competition open to Youth in any discipline! The competition consists of 6-10 teams made up of one Youth (12-18) and one Clinician where, as a team, they compete in a timed obstacle/trail course. This is sure to be a fun and entertaining event as the teams are challenged to complete the course while using only the youth’s horse in a relay type competition.
Objective & Judging
The object of the competition is for each team to complete as many obstacles on the course while achieving the quickest time during this relay style competition.
- A team will consist of one youth (12-18) and a clinician in attendance at the Mane Event. Teams will be drawn at random at the time of the event.
- Both the youth and the clinician will complete different obstacles during their team relay.
- The course is kept secret until 2 hours prior to commencement to level out the playing field!
- Each team will be timed. There will be time deductions for incomplete obstacles.
- Winnings will be determined by score based on total time for the relay, including any time deductions for incomplete obstacles.
When is the Youth Pro-Am Competition?
The competition will be held on Friday, April 27th starting at 8:15 pm in the Arena.
Who are the Clinicians Participating?
How To Apply & Cost
Applying for The Mane Event Youth Pro-Am is FREE!
If you would like to be considered to be one of the youth competitors with your horse please complete an application by clicking the link below.
Deadline to Apply
The deadline to apply is TBA, the selected riders will be notified by TBA and you must confirm your attendance by TBA.
- Accepted applicants will receive one complimentary day pass to the Expo for the Friday of the event.
- Clinic participants will be required to be on-site at least 1 hour prior to the start of their clinic, clean attire, tack and turn-out is required.
- Day Stalls (8:00 am – 10:00 pm same day) are available at a cost of $45.00. Overnight stalls and weekend stalls (Thursday 8:00 am – Sunday 7:00 pm) are available at a cost of $90.00. Stalls must be booked & paid for by April 6, 2018. There will be an additional charge of $25.00 per stall if booked after the deadline. Any refunds of stalls must be accompanied by a veterinary certificate after the deadline.
- Stall Deposits (separate cheques or credit card) are $25.00 per stall and must be paid at the time of booking, these will be returned or destroyed after the stall is cleaned and inspected. If you pay by credit card, your number will be kept on file and a $25.00 charge will be processed if your stall is left dirty.