About Cindy Ishoy
Cindy Ishoy, one of Canada’s most successful international dressage riders, began her riding career in Germany as a teenager. Only a few years later, Cindy’s talent was recognized internationally when she was a member of the gold medal team and placed fourth individually at the 1971 Pan Am Games in Cali, Columbia. A year later she was the youngest equestrian competitor at the Munich Olympics.
Her list of achievements is both long and impressive. In 1979, she became the first Canadian to win an international dressage Grand Prix event. She was seventh at the 1986 World Championships and second at the 1988 World Cup in the Netherlands. A member of Canada’s bronze medal-winning dressage team at the 1988 Seoul Olympics, Cindy was also fourth individually. She also competed at the 1980 Alternate Olympics in the Netherlands and the 1992 Barcelona Olympic Games.
In October of 1993, just three months after giving birth to her second child, she made a remarkable return to competition, winning two gold medals at the prestigious Dressage at Devon in Pennsylvania.
The clinics will each be 75 minutes in length and include up to Two(2) clinic riders in each session.
- Horses must arrive at least an hour and a half before the scheduled clinic time.
- Selected participants will be notified no later than the end of the day, March 20th, 2020.
- Once accepted, you will be given a limited amount of time to confirm your participation and pay the fees. Additional forms and information will be sent via email by the end of the day March 30th, 2020.
- The clinics at The Mane Event offer a unique and invaluable opportunity to “Ride with our Clinicians.” Please be aware that the clinics are conducted in large arenas where there are likely to be large crowds in attendance. Opportunities to warm up in the actual arena may not be available.
- In the unlikely event that a clinician is unable to conduct their clinics as scheduled because of an unavoidable event (such as illness, accident, flight cancellation, death in family, etc), The Mane Event will make every effort to retain another clinician of similar caliber to conduct clinics on the same topics as scheduled.
We also request that they be healthy and free of disease to the best of your knowledge.
Clinic Rider Application
Please submit a Clinic Rider Application form detailing your experience and your horse’s experience, and why you would like to be considered for the clinics. CLICK HERE