Clinics Accepting Riders
As the clinicians provide clinics, not just demos at the show we need riders that are interested in improving their skills in their specific discipline (Dressage, Jumping, Reining, Driving, Horsemanship, etc.) The clinicians that we require riders for are listed below and beside them is information on what the clinician will be working on and what skills they will require. If you have the desire to ride and improve we invite you to apply by March 20th, 2020.
If you have any questions, please contact the office at (844) 578-7518 or by email at [email protected]
What you need to know about applying for and riding in a clinic at The Mane Event:
- Clinics are an opportunity for riders to ride with a qualified trainer/ clinician but participants should keep in mind that some of the clinician’s time and attention will also be directed to the audience. If you are not comfortable riding in front a group or if your horse will be uncomfortable in a large arena setting with an audience that may be moving around and or talking/ clapping you may want to consider this prior to applying. Sometimes participants will be asked to demonstrate as directed by the clinician.
- Clinic Fees: If you are chosen to participate in a clinic please note that clinic fees include one complimentary day pass to the Expo (for the day of your clinic) or a weekend pass for Friday, Saturday and Sunday only if you are riding in clinics all three days of the expo.
- Stabling at the Expo: We are pleased to offer two different options for stalling, a Weekend Stall is $95.00 + GST or a Single Day Stall (from 8:00 am-10:00 pm of the same day – not overnight) is $50.00 + GST. All Stalls must be booked and paid for by April 5th. Participants are responsible for bringing their own feed, buckets, wheelbarrow, pitchfork, etc. We supply bulk shavings that you have access to throughout the weekend.
- Video Requirements (ONLY YouTube links will be accepted): Please note videos are required for the Jumping, Dressage and Problem Horse clinics. HOWEVER, we do highly recommend that you submit videos showing your riding ability. When you upload the video please ensure that it is not a private link. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the rider selection committee can view your video. Preference will be given to those who submit videos to ensure the accuracy of their application.
- Health Requirements: The Mane Event does not require any health papers or specific shots to participate. However, we request that they be healthy and free of disease to the best of your knowledge.
- The clinics at The Mane Event offer a unique and invaluable opportunity to “Ride with our Clinicians”: Please be aware that the clinics are conducted in large arenas where there are likely to be large crowds in attendance.